Monday 6 September 2010

Clothes

I am just about to move out of my thirties (shhh! I don't like to talk about it) and buying clothes is not the fun it used to be.  I'm not ready for Mom jeans just yet and  I still sneak into Topshop but hoards of 14 year olds in the changing rooms makes me feel that maybe I shouldn't be here and I run a critical eye over the seams and think that'll never last !  A lot of stuff aimed at starts to look a bit frumpy or sensible- Gap, with its beige slacks preppy look etc- I can't carry that off!  I see a lot of Boden, and it is a bit over identifiable.  But this summer I dared to go in All Saints and not just to admire the great window display. 



It has been in my city for 2 years but it looked a bit too cool for school and their prices are high.   I only managed to creep in the at the bit by the door and creep out again.  Then a friend mentioned their sale and some boots, price heavily reduced, and that was it.


I know it doesn't look exciting here but it looks cute on and takes me back to late teen indie days without looking like I'm having a sartorial mid life crisis.  I bought another dress/top thing and some boots hidden for my birthday.  I may only buy at sale time but in the mean time take a look at the website to admire the beautiful bias  and asymmetric cuts.  They took the USA by storm with their recent New York opening and enjoy their alternative use for an old Singer sewing machine.


sib blog

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for teen indie days, and good for you for going in, I've never managed to pluck up the courage to cross the threshold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allsaints looks like it's got really nice simple but interesting clothes! The dress you got is so so pretty! I want one for myself, haha.
    Do you know Mary Quant? It is an English brand clothing/cosmetics store. When I was in Japan I used to shop one of their retail stores all the time! If I went to England, I'd go crazy at clothes stores!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.