Saturday 11 September 2010

Ringo Pie - Collections for Kerry

I am in a new quilting bee with some amazing company- Ringo Pie.  I feel a little flustered been in there with such great creative people and I am calling the first month.  Officially October but many have made an early start and I am blown away by their creativity and response to my design idea.


My theme is Hoarding- I cannot seem to avoid this in my life, just buying two of the same thing kicks off a mini collection so I asked for them to do a block displaying a collection of their choosing- free size colour.   If possible I asked them to include a new bit of fabric, an old/vintage bit and some fabric borrowed or given to them. The end result will be a collectors cabinet quilt.  I love kitchenalia so Amy's canisters were a hit!
Ringo Pie - Collections for Kerry
 by Amy of Badskirt

I did Eng lit at Uni years ago and it is impossible to go through life without reading Penguin Books and at least one of these titles- breathtaking block!  So simple but so effective.

"Collectibles" block for Kerry
Lynne of Lily's Quilts

And Marit of quilt it chose something we all can't get enough of, fabrics- showcasing 36 different squares and a subtle K for Kerry

K is for Kerry


I cannot quite comprehend that they will all come to me.  I love them all!  I am working on my own contribution, a box of spools/thread


  I have had a bad rsi flare up which was ok till I had a massage yesterday and now everything is on fire.  I am going slow, slow, slow so they recover.  Thank you to Damian for being a top blog assistant xxx


6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fab' collection of blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are just amazing! I am in love with the Penguin books block. That was a great idea for a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be such an amazing quilt Kerry! What a genius idea.
    Sorry to hear you're in pain - take care of yourself. Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Your block is going to be just fabulous!!!! I love how your pattern has several different kinds of spools! I can't wait to see it finished! I started my block for your quilt too, but it's not nearly as interesting as yours or others, but I am having so much fun anyway. I think your topic "Hoarding" was interesting. Oh by the way I received a package from you today! Thank you Kerry! You really didn't have to do this but I must say I love these scraps!! Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry, take care of yourself and feel better soon.

    Wow, what an amazing exchange! The ideas are fabulous. I will enjoy watching what happens here and wish I was a part of the fun.....Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those spools are wonderful - I didn't know you were doing those - I love the fabrics you're using in them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.