Sunday 20 May 2012

Clothes

The briefest glimmer of sun yesterday so the quickest of photo shoots in the tiny yard otherwise know as our garden.  This skirt was from Simple Modern Sewing.  I made a small size and added a little length.  It is an easy and forgiving pattern with an adjustable waist yoke fastened with Liberty ties.
You can see that I like to save the iron for sewing not my clothes,  THe linen is gently two tone and quite an open weave.  My daughter assured me it wasn't see through and then asked if I was wearing black knickers!  I have gone for the safe option of leggings instead.
The tank is a Wiksten tank, size S and shortened as I didn't have much of this fabric left.  A relatively straightforward make but a lot of binding- I bound the hem as well as the arms and neck.  The sandals are Saltwater from here and I can't wait to wear them for days on end in warm sunny weather, I realise this may be a fantasy. 
Damian was taking the photos and we were quickly joined by a little helper.


Yeah I know, they say owners start to look like their dogs ;)
sib blog

14 comments:

  1. what a fab skirt! I'm still too scared to make clothes for me :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so impressed by how you can make your own, lovely wardrobe. The liberty with the linen is super...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit Kerry! I really like the fabric you used for the top, and the Liberty ties are the perfect finishing touch. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous skirt Kerry and I just love the Liberty ties. Your little helper is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get you stylish Barbara Woodhouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny, and no you don't look like your dog :D Love the clothes you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your skirt~great color linen! i've been eyeing that book for awhile now...
    cute puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Simple Modern Sewing Book. You trace off a main sheet, the designs are very Japanese style, simple, layered and easy wear- lots of potential in it. The dog, Lottie is 5 this year- she wears it well!

      Delete
  8. lol! you are much prettier than your puppy, but she is really cute too! ;) very cute skirt i love the liberty ties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, your skirt is lovely but your 'little helper' is adorable! I'm getting a Cavalier in about a month (black, white and tan) and can't wait! The last photo of the two of you is so sweet and ~ no ~ you don't look like Lottie ~ teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the entire outfit, and your little helper is very cute - how long did it take to get you both looking at the camera together? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these pics.... if its true about dogs & their owners I'm snookered!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your skirt is lovely! It is on my list of things to sew. This weekend I was working on the linen cropped pants from the same book. I hope to have two new pairs done by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything about this post is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.