Thursday 16 April 2015

April at Village Haberdashery

The weather in the UK has been Spring like with a strong hint of summer and I have already been able to get out some of last years summer dresses to wear whilst thinking ahead to what to make this year.   For my April visit to Village Haberdashery, I've put together some pattern fabric combos, plus a look at some of the other latest fabric arrivals! 
By Hand London have had to make some tough decisions and one of them is an end to paper patterns- they will instead be selling PDFs.




The  Victoria Blazer is an easy to wear casual style, great for Spring/summer and a great opportunity for those who have done a little garment sewing but haven't added a lining before.  This pattern pairs well with Cloud 9 Bark Time Warp bark cloth, Ripple in Navy.  This fabric has a bit of body to it so will make a jacket with a bit of substance. 



This pink and white narrow striped lining fabric would be perfect.  Light weight and silky so your jacket will slip on easily.


I made three Belcarra's last year (see here, here and here) and I already plan to make more for this summer. 


 It's a simple, slightly fitted shape that's easy to wear and with economical cutting and ready made bias binding, I squeezed a size 2 out of a metre of fabric.  Directional designs take more so check the pattern for quantities.  There is a detailed sew-along at Sewaholic with lots of detailed construction advice.  Double gauze works so well for this designs and I am spoilt for choice at Village Haberdashery.  




All the 'Let's Have a Party' voile prints would also make great Belcarras.  I think 'Shine Bright' is my favourite.


I cannot get enough of the Art Gallery knits.  These solids have just arrived: Sahara Sun, Deep Dark Ocean and turquoise.   I have a length of Hello Bear Adventure in Springs waiting to be transformed very soon into a Henley style top and the 95% cotton/spandex blend is great to wear.


The Modern Baby Set from Green Bee Patterns is a lovely layette style pattern set to make a selection of baby clothes in knits and wovens and only needs short lengths of fabrics.  It's be a great way to make a baby gift whilst gaining confidence sewing with knits.

Heather Moore of Skinny LaMinx has a vibrant Spring coloured collection called Yoyogi Park.  There's a mix of blender style mono prints and sketchy feature prints and it is the latter that catch my eye.  This is Tokyo Park in Turquoise.


You can build a bundle, buy a complete bundle, and match up the prints with Kona solids.


I seem to have chosen a lot of aqua/turquoise prints and solids in this post- no change there then! 
Enjoy x


sib blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.