Wednesday 18 December 2013

December at Village Haberdashery

There is just time to sneak in one more  virtual visit this year to Village Haberdashery.  Annie's Bricks and Mortar shop has just celebrated 1 year!  If you want to read an account of her average working day, pop along to Tilly's blog here where she has a lovely interview with Annie and you can gasp at how much she fits into 24 hours.  
Just arrived, 'Up Up and Away' by Heather Moore of Skinny Laminx for Cloud 9.
You may recognise the Free as a Bird print.   This is a re-issue or spin off from the 'Cut out and Keep' selection and I think it was the red that sold out pretty much everywhere at the time.  I still have a lot of the prints from the Cut out and Keep range, they really caught my eye, and the texture of Cloud 9 cottons are so good they do lend themselves to clothing as well as quilting.  You can build a bundle here.
December's Stash Society colour is grey.  This is the organic bundle- I like this one best with these lighter greys.
The designer bundle has a full range of greys in it.
The colour for January sign ups is yellow.  I am not sure whether you would receive grey or yellow if you sign up now!  Best check with Annie!  But you can find all grey fabrics here is you want to buy individually.
I do feel duty bound to show you these are they are stunning- even though I want the hearts print all to myself- Limited edition prints from Aussie Umbrella fabrics, Elephants Love Water collection printed on 150cm wide fabric (that's 60" in old money)
As I was browsing I rather randomly found some fun retro style fabrics from Thomas Knauer, his Asbury collection, and they are on sale too.  These are really cute prints, good for an older child's quilt I think, just the right mix of cute and quirky.  Soft Serve- perfect cornets!
And more abstract mixer prints, Ferris wheel (reminds me of Trivial Pursuit Cheeses)
What a cute collection and I read today that Thomas will be in London teaching at Fat Quarterly Retreat 2014!  How cool is that!  Check out the teacher list so far here and ticket details here (including payment by instalment option).
A quick look at some adorable kits, Robin tea towel- all the materials you need to make it and technique instructions are here.
Buttonbag Bunny Hutch kit, great for children and the hutch + pencils are included for colouring in.
Hot water Bottle kit 'Elephants in Blue' - lovely colour way this one!  Instructions found on the shop blog here
And finally a kiss under the mistletoe, tea towel kit.
Happy Christmas to all at Village Haberdashery!
sib blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.