- Robert Kaufman Essex yarn dyed linen with metallic. This is a lovely fabric which has a little structure and body. I've got some sample squares from this range and it glimmers! I thought this might be a little scratch with 10% lurex but no it just feels like linen/cotton blend See all the available colours here.
- Mona Luna Wanderlust- the luxury of an organic cotton lawn collection. Lawn would be a good fabric for the Megan Nielsen Sudley pattern.
- Megan Nielsen Harper Shorts and Sudley top. Two of Megan's newer patterns, both come with extra options, a skort with the shorts which are fully lined by the way- nice touch- and would be great with the Essex dyed linen metallic, and the Sudley is also a dress with collar variation.
- Bari J for Art Gallery, Joie de Vivre Collection. A painterly modern floral collection including quilting cotton, canvas and voile- a knit jersey is on the way too
- Great British Sewing Bee book 'From Stitch to Style,' by Wendy Gardiner, signed by the very worthy winner, Charlotte Newline!
- Magic by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller. Mermaids, Unicorns and metallics. Mix of patterns including a stunning border print.
- Deer and Doe patterns. French stylish dressmaking patterns for women- all translated into English- are now available to buy online. I rather like the Lupin jacket which would be another suitable pattern for the Essex metallic linen and I would line it too.
- Mona Luna Wanderlust Lawn- Sky. Gorgeous abstract water colour style print on cotton lawn.
- Chloe's Closet for Moda, Sew and Sew. Beautiful nostalgic florals on quilting cotton. Doopsey Daisy in Orange Fizz and Garden in Orange Fizz with Whip Cream, great names.
Thursday, 11 August 2016
August at Village Haberdashery
As usual, Village Haberdashery has had a tonne of new arrivals this month so I've picked nine of the new fabrics and patterns and I've included some stacks to get the most into my August sponsor selection.